>> December 6, 2011
This pickled onions are perfect when served with tandoori chicken, grilled food, hot dogs & in the burgers. All we need to do is slice the onions & soak it in the boiling water and finally mix it with lemon juice and salt. Very simple & easy to make yet taste crunchy and delicious.
- Onion - 1 no, thinly sliced
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Red color - a pinch
- Lemon juice - 3/4 cup, enough to submerge onions
1. In a saucepan, boil a cup of water. Once the water is boiled, switch off the flame and add the sliced onions and cover the pan with the lid. Let it rest for 30 mins and then drain the water thoroughly.
2. In a bowl, mix together the onions, red chillypowder, salt, red color & lemon juice.
Ready to serve.