>> December 2, 2011
Most popular Italian dish which is highly nutritious and healthy. Crunchy taste of almonds with fresh basil and tomatoes makes this pasta more delicious.
- 13 oz dried pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups basil leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup almonds with skin on, coarsely grounded
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in a salted boiling water according to the package instructions until done.
2. Meanwhile, put the garlic cloves, basil, chillies and tomatoes in a food processor and process until finely chopped but not smooth. Stir in the ground almonds and oil, and season with salt.
3. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the pesto and stir thoroughly. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of grated cheese and garnish with basil leaves.