>> November 20, 2011
Sprouted green gram sundal is very healthy & easy to make. Even if we have no time to sprout the green gram, we can soak it for few hrs and make this delicious sundal. It's really healthy :)
- Sprouted green gram - 2 cups
- Oil - 1 tbsp (or ghee)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- A pinch of hing
- Red chillies to spice (arround 3 to 4)
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 no
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Coconut pieces - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Soak the green gram overnight, drain the water, tie them in the clean cloth & keep aside for one day for them to sprout)
2. Microwave the sprouted green gram for 4 to 5 mins or until cooked.
3. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and pinch of hing.
4. Add the finely chopped onion and saute. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt to taste and coconut pieces.
5. Add the cooked green grams & saute.