>> October 23, 2011
As the festival season is approaching, most of the houses will be flavoured with different sweets & savouries items. And this is one of the famous Indian dessert made by soaking and grinding the rice & boiling them in the milk with the flavour of cardamom powder and saffron strands. Very easy to make & taste delicious. Perfect sweet for diwali :)
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3 tbsp or to taste
- Milk - 3 cups
- Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Blanched almonds - 3 tbsp
- Saffron strands (optional)
1. Soak the rice for one hour and grind them coarsely.
2. Bring milk to boil in the heavy sauce pan & slowly add the rice and sugar to taste. Stir constantly till the milk reduces to half the quantity.
3. At this stage add the condensed milk, saffron strands (optional) and cardamom powder.
4. Remove from heat and add almonds.
Chill & serve.