>> July 12, 2011
- Chicken pieces/ bones - 250 gms
- Onion - 1 no
- Cloves - 1 no
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small sized
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Corriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Toor dal - 1/2 tsp
- Raw rice - 1/2 tsp
- Moong dal - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder or green chillies to spice
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves - 2 tbsp plus for garnishing
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Water or chicken broth
- Butter / oil
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a pressure cooker (or heavy bottomed pan) expect butter, lemon juice & cook till done.
2. Now filter the chicken broth & remove the skin part of chicken. Keep aside.
3. Now grind the filtered masala items to smooth paste after discarding the cloves, cinnamon & bay leaf.
4. Add butter in the pan, pour the chicken broth, grounded paste & chicken pieces. Bring it to boil.
4. Finally, add lemon juice & corriander leaves before serving. Add shredded cheese for more flavour.
Add the necessary quantity of grounded masala depending upon the thickeness of the soup required.
Serve with bread.