>> April 7, 2011
Vanilla mousse is a flavourful dessert served with toppings of different variations. This dessert is creamy & light and the garnish is simply with the vanilla custard sauce & few chocolate flakes. The ingredients may sound simple but the resulting mousse is perfectly balanced and really taste. If you fancy a simple dessert, this really hit the spot. More than that, kids will love it :)
For vanilla mousse :
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean) - 1 tsp
- Heavy whipping cream - 1 pint
For vanilla sauce :
- Milk - 500 ml
- Sugar to taste
- Vanilla custard powder - 2 tbsp
Can adjust the proportion of ingredients accordingly.
1. Seperate the eggs. Beat the egg white until stiff adding half the quantity of sugar & keep aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks till creamy. Add remaining sugar, vanilla extract (or seeds of vanilla bean), whipping cream & whisk well.
3. Finally, fold in the egg whites. Refrigerate it.
For the sauce :
4. Take 5 tbsp of milk & mix the custard powder without any lumps. Keep aside.
5. Warm the balance milk & add sugar. Add the custard powder milk & bring it to boil on simmer.
6. Once it starts thickening, switch off the flame. Allow it to cool.
Serve a scoop of vanilla mousse with the custard sauce.