>> October 25, 2010
Last friday, I invited my friend for lunch & made pineapple kesari for dessert. Saturday morning, I want to try something new and finally, I decided to make the boli with the leftover delicacy & it was extremely tasty. Pravin had it with ghee & warm milk and my son had just like it.
For the dough :
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Water for kneading
- Oil or ghee
For the stuffing :
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Nuts (Raisins, cashewnuts, almonds) - handful
- Semolina / Sooji / Rava - 1/4 cup
- Pineapple essence - 1 tsp
- Sugar - little less than 1/2 cup (to taste)
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Pineapple chunks (optional)
1. For the dough : Combine all the ingredients & knead the dough till smooth. Cover & keep aside for atleast 1/2 hr.
2. Heat ghee in the pan, add the nuts followed by rava (semolina). Roast till light golden brown & add sugar.
3. Meanwhile warm the water & add the pineapple essence to it.
4. Now add the water to the roasted semolina & pineapple chunks. Cover & cook till done.
5. Allow the stuffing to cool. Shape the dough to round balls & roll them like rotis. Stuff the sooji & seal the edges. Roll them like CD discs & cook them on low flame. Add oil/ghee arround the edges for more flavour.