>> January 27, 2010
Hint for baking cakes :
Whichever cake you are making, preparation is important. Use good quanlity ingredients, pay attention to measurements and check the heat of your oven.
Happy baking :)
- Plain flour - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 2 tsp
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Castor sugar - 2 cups
- Chopped walnuts - 1 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1 1/2 cups ( I used sunflower oil)
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Grated peeled carrot - 3 cups
- Chopped walnuts or icing sugar for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C. Line the cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stir in the sugar and chopped walnuts. In another bowl, mix the oil and eggs until well combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 60 to 80 min or until cooked through. Cool for 5 min before turning out onto a rack.
5. When completedly cold, decorate with cream cheese & with chopped walnuts or dust the icing sugar.