>> May 17, 2010
Last weekend is full of joy & enjoyment. It's pravin birthday & this time he personally asked me to make vanilla walnut cake for his day. It turned out simply amazing & very tasty. He was showered with lotz of greetings & wishes from his friends & relatives.
Happy Birthday Pravin !!!!
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- Walnuts - 1/2 cups (toasted in flour)
- Milk - 3/4 cup
1. Sieve the flour & baking powder together. Keep aside.
2. Cream the butter & sugar till light & fluffy. Add eggs one at a time & beating well after each addition.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with milk & vanilla essence. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
4. Grease the baking pan with butter & flour. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 20 to 25 mins at 350 or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool & remove from the pan.