>> April 29, 2009
Badam halwa is the traditional Indian sweets served mostly for all occasions. Quite a rich dessert & easy to make at home. It involves more time in peeling the skin of the badam & I prefer to buy the peeled badam from the stores.
- Badam - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Saffron - a pinch
- Yellow food color - a pinch
Cooking method :
- Soak the almonds in the water for atleast 2 hrs. And peel off the skin.
- Grind the peeled almonds with 1/4 cup of milk.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in the non-stick pan, add the almond paste & stir continously.
- Add sugar & saffron. Keep stirring, till ghee starts seperating at the sides.
- At this stage add 2 more tbsp of ghee along with the food color. Keep stiring till u get the desired halwa consistency.
- Finally, add cardomom powder.
- Spread them in the greased bowl & allow them to cool.
Delicious badam halwa is ready to serve.