>> July 5, 2009
Elephant's foot better known as karna kizhangu in tamil goes great with keerai kulambu. This is my family favourite side dish. This can be either shallow fried or deep fried. I prefer deep frying them, which is easy to make & taste good too.
- Yam - 1 kg
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind juice - 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Peel off the skin of yam & slice them.
- Mix the sliced yam, chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind juice & salt together.
- Pressure cook them & cool them completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the frying pan & deep fry the cooked yam till golden brown in either side.
Serve them hot.