>> July 9, 2009
Tulumba is a popular & mostly eaten turkish dessert. This taste crunchy ouside & soft and moist inside. Especially during family gatherings, this dessert plays a predominant role in the menu. This would be a interesting dessert for the sweet lovers and not for the diet concisious people.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp fine semolina
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn strach
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp lemmon juice
- oil for frying
For the sugar syrup :
- Mix sugar and water together & bring it to the boil. Once the syrup is ready, switch off the heat and add lemon juice to it. Keep aside.
For the dough :
- Combine the water, butter and salt in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring it to boil.
- Meanwhile, incorporate all the dry ingredients together & add them to the boiling water. Stir them continously for 5 mins.
- Switch off the heat & allow the mixture to cool.
- Knead the dough by adding eggs one by one & fill them into a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch diameter tip.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan and pipe the dough in the hot oil and cut the edges using the scissors. Fry them till golden brown in either side.
- Drain off the excess oil using the paper towel and soak them in the sugar syrup.
- Remove them from the syrup and place over a serving dish.