>> May 27, 2009
Carrot halwa is the most popular & frequently made sweet in India. This is made with carrot and milk as the main ingredients. This is more of manual oriented but believe me the end will be really appreciable.
It can be served with vanilla icecreams & even with gulab jamum. Adding little red food color is an optional. This can be stored in the fridge for couple of days & warm them before serving.
- Grated Carrot - 2 cups
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Condensed milk - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts
- Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red food color - a pinch (optional)
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in the pan, add the grated carrots & saute it for 15 min.
- Add milk & bring it to boil. Stirring frequently & cook till the milk is completely absorbed.
- Add sugar,cardamom powder, food color & condensed milk. Saute over medium heat. Stir till you can complete the halwa into a ball.
- Add 2 tsp of ghee in a small pan, fry cashewnuts and raisins.
- Add the fried nuts & nutmeg powder to the halwa. Serve warm.
Enjoy with icecreams too.