>> January 25, 2009
First time i had this as a starter in a mexican restaurant. Taste of frest tomatoes with jalapeno was awesome. The taste of this dish is based on the quality of tomatoes we use.
This will be great for evening snacks. Especially kids love this. Try this, urs family will enjoy this.
- 4 firm, large tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Corn chips
Prep time : 15 min
- Grate tomatoes on largest holes of a non-metal hand grater (use a flat hand grater if you have it). If the tomato sauce looks too watery, strain out a bit of liquid.
- Add rest of the ingredients except corn chips; regrigerate until serving time.
Serve with corn chips.