>> January 21, 2009
During my younger days, we mostly spend our holidays in my grandparents home. My patti is an excellent cook. She cooks all traditional southindian meals which starts with a sweet & never ends without a glass of spicy butter milk. When I spoke to them today to wish their "50th anniversary".....it recollects my school days.
To celebrate this occasion, I made this pineapple kesari which is one of the most famous desserts from Southern India. This is an easy and delicious dessert made from semolina, milk, water, and pineapples. To make it easier here's a quick and tasty Microwave recipe.
- Rava - 1 cup
- Milk -1 cup
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Lemon yellow color - a pinch
- Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee -3 tbsp
- Pineapple essence -1/2 tsp
- Chopped pineapple - 1/2 cup
- 1/4 tsp cardomom powder
- In a microwave safe bowl mix together the semolina and ghee and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- In another microwave-safe bowl mix together the chopped pineapples & 1 tbsp sugar and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Combine roasted rava, milk, water & food color. Mix well, cover and cook in micro high for 3 mins.
- Add sugar, ghee, pineapple mixture & cook for 4 mins in micro medium. Standing time -5 mins.
- Add pineapple essence, cardomom powder & mix well.
Garnish with a few strands of saffron, and maybe a few crushed nuts, and serve hot.