Search This Blog

January 1, 2009

Mushroom Pakoda

Let me post my first dish on this blog with something I cooked this afternoon. My husband loves flavored rice so I had decided to cook Rice flavored with Coconut milk (That could be my next post!!) and to go with it thought we will commit some sin with deep fried Mushroom pakodas. Its spicy flavor combined with taste of juicy mushrooms is quite an mouthwatering combination but the mushroom pakoda could also become a good snack for the occasional vistor in the evenings.

Ingredients:

200 Gms - Chopped Mushrooms (If the mushroom is standing cut it from the top-vertically)
2 Nos Medium sized Onions
3 Nos - Finely chopped Green Chilies (However for Mr&Mrs. Neumann I would add just 1 Chilli) 1 Tsp - Ginger-Garlic paste
1/4 Tsp - Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp - Chilli Powder (That will defnitely send Mr.Neumann to the doctor, so for him I would limit to 1/4 Tsp)
5 Tsp - Besan Powder
2 Tsp - Cornflour
Finely chopped Coriander leaves (3 Tbsp)
Salt to taste

Now to Rocket Science:


1. Add the mushrooms to a bowl followed by all the ingredients as mentioned in the above order
2. No need to add water as the wateriness of the onion will be sufficient
3. Put a shallow vessel with sufficient oil to deep fry on the stove and let it reach high temperature
4. Add the mushroom batter in small sizes ie the size of a Ferro Rocher choclate ball in the frying pan.
5. Deep fry till the mushroom reaches golden brown color. Remove and stain the oil (The staining is just to prove a point that you are health concious)


Enjoy hot mushroom pakodas with Tomato Ketchup and do let me know how it came out in your kitchen! Oh yeah its my recipe and not borrowed from my mil ok! So do thank me only for it!

4 comments :

anudivya said...

Hey Swapna, see that you have just started blogging... welcome! :)
Mushroom pakodas sound wonderful, pictures would be great!

anudivya said...

Oh, and thanks for following my blog :) Thatz how I got here...

Neha said...

Just by chance came to ur blog, Gud to start blogging. Try to add pic too it would be better. Happy Blogging.

Vidhya said...

great. Mushrooms are my husbands favorite. Never tried pakodas with mushroom. will try this way.. why don't u join foodbuzz featured publisher program. if interested message me at viyer79@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...