Butter cookies are really easy to make & taste yum. Take pleasure in the delicious simplicity of a cookie with just a few, humble ingredients & beautifully balanced flavour in every bite.
- All purpose flour - 2 1/4 cups
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Egg - 1 no
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
1. Sieve together flour and salt.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg & vanilla extract.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Knead the dough, cover and refrigerate it for atleast 2 hours.
4. Roll the dough & cut them to your desired shape. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Grease and line up the baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Bake the cookies for 10 - 12 mins. (If required brush the cookies with egg wash before baking)